Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Adobe CS4 won't install

I had this issue yesterday. I tried installing CS4 and would get the following error when the autorum would start;

AutoPlay/main.ini "Invalid Unicode File" MAIN_FILE_VERSION Error PRODUCT_REGISTRY_PARENT Error PRODUCT_REGISTRY_KEY Error

When I try to run setup.exe manually it runs in the background but never starts. I left it sit for over an hour and nothing. I removed every adobe product on the computer (winxp sp3) and even used the adobe cs3 cleanup utility with no change.

Solution:
The problem was some incompatibility with the dvd and the dvdrw drive. I tried the dvd's on another computer and it worked as it should. I copied dvd1 onto my hard drive, copied the folders from dvd2 into the new dvd1 folder, shared it and the installer ran perfectly across the network. Strange.

2 comments:

  1. i'm trying this now, i really hope it works, copying them is taking AGES.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried this solution, and i have the same problem. It shows the same message.

    ReplyDelete